Welcome to Broz Fitness; Welcome to Naked Yoga. You can see more at the Broz Fitness YouTube channel.
In today’s workout, we join Alan for a 13-minute Dumbbell workout incorporating functional movements that we typically see in our everyday life.
PLEASE NOTE: Make sure you talk to your doctor before you engage in physical activity. If you’ve never previously done a superset workout, I very highly suggest you break this down. You should also make sure you’ve completed the previous class.
Today was a little bit heavy. I used a pair of 25 pound dumbbells, 8 pound dumbbells, and 5 pound dumbbells. Each of these dumbbells serves a different purpose. A superset is a lifting methodology where you immediately follow-up one exercise with another exercise targeting that same muscle group. Some studies have shown that this methodology increases hypertrophy, which corresponds to increased muscle mass growth compared to doing the same movements with a break between each set. I use the lower weight dumbbells to complete the supersets and the object rotations.
Follow Broz Fitness
Help keep my Yoga Practice financially accessible for all and support LGBTQIA-friendly brands by making purchases (from which I will receive commission) for gear and equipment through my links.
- I’m wearing Andrew Christian briefs from www.andrewchristian.com.
- I’m part of the lululemon collective and will receive a commission if you make a purchase through the links below: https://lululemon.prf.hn/l/6na02q4.
- Pick up dumbbells and other weight training equipment: Shop SPRI’s Weight Resistance Training Equipment.
- Find my Naked Drake Yoga playlist and my Gay Rap playlist at Apple Music: Get 70 million songs free for 3 months with Apple Music.
(Really though! It’s the link that matters, as they move your computer through a sequence whereby the targeted website places cookie on your computer from which my affiliates are able to determine that you’ve purchased after clicking on my links
|Part 1 x2||Front Squats x12||Forward Lunges with Hammer Curl x12|
|Part 2 x2||Deadlifts x12||Squats with Hammer Curl x12|
|Part 3 x2||Object Rotations x12||Leg Lifts x12|
Although we were running a little bit late on time today, that was a really nice work out. You could tell that I need to figure out how to catch my breath before I end the class!
Thanks for following today’s workout. Check out our latest gear reviews or follow along for more workouts.
Previous Superset Classes:
- Growing Gluteal Muscles | Intermediate Naked YogaIn the Yoga class focusing on the glutei this week, I move us through a series of asana intended to get at the thighs. We work the hamstrings and the gluteal muscles throughout this vinyasa. This is a little more challenging than our usual asana practice. If you have not taken a moment or doContinue reading “Growing Gluteal Muscles | Intermediate Naked Yoga”
- Biceps (and Legs) | Dumbbell Superset WorkoutTrainer’s Notes: Today’s workout focused instead on the arms (biceps) rather than the legs. We worked on our legs by focusing on bicep exercises that incorporated leg movements. Most importantly, ensure that you are choosing the proper weight for your body right now. In yoga, we have the principle of Non-Violence, Ahisma, which we doContinue reading “Biceps (and Legs) | Dumbbell Superset Workout”
- Resistance Training | Chest and Triceps | Barbell and CableToday’s chest workout focused on triceps and the upper chest. I wanted to isolate the top of my chest in order to promote more growth as I went through today’s superset. Some of the photos below have been from previous workouts. You can see my review of the lululemon shorts I’m wearing here. Triceps Push-UpsContinue reading “Resistance Training | Chest and Triceps | Barbell and Cable”
- HIIT Workout 1 | HamstringsToday’s workout includes a High Intensity Interval Training round and a set of Dumbbell Exercises. This workout is for an intermediate lifter. Caution is advised if you are new to lifting. If you have any questions, you can always reach out to us here or on social media below. Because this workout also targets theContinue reading “HIIT Workout 1 | Hamstrings”
- 13-Minute Workout, Day 3: Legs and BicepsWelcome to Broz Fitness; Welcome to Naked Yoga. You can see more at the Broz Fitness YouTube channel. In today’s workout, we join Alan for a 13-minute Dumbbell workout incorporating functional movements that we typically see in our everyday life. Trainer’s Notes PLEASE NOTE: Make sure you talk to your doctor before you engage inContinue reading “13-Minute Workout, Day 3: Legs and Biceps”