Welcome to Broz Fitness; Welcome to Naked Yoga, Episode 17. You can see more at the Broz Fitness YouTube channel.
PLEASE NOTE: Talk with your doctor to ensure you’re healthy enough before you begin physical activity.
In today’s yoga practice we moved through subtle movements incorporating a block or two blocks. By bringing the floor to us we were able to find a easier movement to incorporate more bodies. I’ve been a little caught up with yoga teacher training to finish out my 500 hour certification. However, I seek to incorporate the things that I’ve been learning to help make my Naked Yoga practices more body positive. As I work on my chair yoga, I work to make those more available for individuals who would like to remain in a chair or alternatively bed yoga to ensure that anybody who wants to remain in bed can do so while they do their yoga.
Help keep my Workouts financially accessible for all and support LGBTQIA-friendly brands by making purchases (from which I will receive commission) for gear and equipment through my links.
- I’m wearing Andrew Christian briefs from www.andrewchristian.com.
- I’m part of the lululemon collective and will receive a commission if you make a purchase through the links below: https://lululemon.prf.hn/l/6na02q4.
- Pick up dumbbells and other weight training equipment: Shop SPRI’s Weight Resistance Training Equipment.
- If lifting isn’t really your thing, Home Sweet Home Gym. Get Free Shipping on the Bowflex C6 Bike. Ends 11/16.
(Really though! It’s the link that matters, as they move your computer through a sequence whereby the targeted website places cookie on your computer from which my affiliates are able to determine that you’ve purchased after clicking on my links.)
I have also been trying to find moments to bring awareness to the throat chakra. By finding alternative moments to engage in a different sort of pranayama such as in the middle of a flow or through an opportunity to grab some coffee, I think that we are able to bring more openness to the heart and the throat chakra.
In today’s practice I primarily used a Manduka cork blocks. I have not yet tried or seen anybody using foam blocks. However because I am a little bit of a larger guy, I feel a little bit more supported by the cork blocks in a way that allows me some resistance that I don’t feel when I use bamboo yoga blocks. I would also add that by using these blocks we can create space that we wouldn’t otherwise have. For example, if you have a larger chest it’s probably much harder to move through cobra and upward facing dog than it would for somebody who has a smaller chest.
Thanks for following along today. If you have any questions you can always reach out to me here or through any of the Broz Fitness social media channels. You can also find me teaching my livestreams most days on the Broz Fitness YouTube channel.
Follow Broz Fitness
- Growing Gluteal Muscles | Intermediate Naked YogaIn the Yoga class focusing on the glutei this week, I move us through a series of asana intended to get at the thighs. We work the hamstrings and the gluteal muscles throughout this vinyasa. This is a little more challenging than our usual asana practice. If you have not taken a moment or doContinue reading “Growing Gluteal Muscles | Intermediate Naked Yoga”
- Inclusivity in Yoga | Naked Yoga Shorts | ConditioningThis past Halloween weekend gave us a ton of personal yoga practice. It was nice to bring down the cameras for a little bit and knock out a ton more of Alan’s 300-Hour Yoga Teacher training. Alan has been working on his the remainder of his 500-Hour Yoga Teacher certification so that we can provideContinue reading “Inclusivity in Yoga | Naked Yoga Shorts | Conditioning”
- Naked Yoga | Cultivating WarmthClass Breakdown: It’s been really cold in Denver and for today’s class, I designed asana trying to move through movements which warm up the body. Moreover, we’ll move through asana and pranayama intended to cultivate a sense of familiarity. I build on movements that we have been working on throughout the last few weeks inContinue reading “Naked Yoga | Cultivating Warmth”
- Naked Yoga: Cultivating ConfidenceWelcome to Broz Fitness; Welcome to Naked Yoga, Episode 17. You can see more at the Broz Fitness YouTube channel. Trainer’s Notes: PLEASE NOTE: Talk with your doctor to ensure you’re healthy enough before you begin physical activity. In today’s yoga practice we moved through subtle movements incorporating a block or two blocks. By bringingContinue reading “Naked Yoga: Cultivating Confidence”
- Beginner Naked Yoga: Quads, Shoulders, HipsWelcome to Broz Fitness; Welcome to Naked Yoga. In today’s yoga will move through asana and pranayama intended to cultivate a sense of beginning. No matter how we attempt to put the camera it seems that there’s still a struggle and will work on it for the next few posts. Last class we had theContinue reading “Beginner Naked Yoga: Quads, Shoulders, Hips”