Welcome to Broz Fitness, Welcome to Today’s Gentle Yoga.
Please talk to your doctor about whether you are healthy enough to begin physical activity before you do so. You assume all risk in beginning and performing various exercise movements.
If you already have a shoulder injury, this sequence and anything else that I currently provided is not made for you. If you are injured, Broz Fitness strongly encourages you to talk with a doctor or a physical therapist to determine movements would be good for your body. Thereafter, you can find a local personal trainer to help implement that plan.
In today’s gentle yoga class, Alan moves the class through yoga sequence intending to target primarily the shoulders. We spent a lot of time on the ground can we move through various lunges and grounding sequences that specifically focus on the shoulders.
Yesterday’s class was a little bit intense not necessarily because of this class which follows a Yin Yoga teaching style. One of the primary focuses of Yin yoga is to strengthen the muscles and ligaments by creating deep stretches and holding those stretches for a long period of time. So yesterday when I taught Naked Yoga immediately after this Yin Yoga-style class, it was almost as if I was immediately counteracting everything that I had already done and I was a little bit to loose to teach naked yoga in an ashtanga style. If you happen to have the opportunity I would highly suggest not doing two consecutive hours of two different styles of yoga.
Help keep my Workouts financially accessible for all and support LGBTQIA-friendly brands by making purchases (from which I will receive commission) for gear and equipment through my links.
- I’m wearing Andrew Christian briefs from www.andrewchristian.com.
- I’m part of the lululemon collective and will receive a commission if you make a purchase through the links below: https://lululemon.prf.hn/l/6na02q4.
- Pick up dumbbells and other weight training equipment: Shop SPRI’s Weight Resistance Training Equipment.
- If lifting isn’t really your thing, Home Sweet Home Gym. Get Free Shipping on the Bowflex C6 Bike. Ends 11/16.
(Really though! It’s the link that matters, as they move your computer through a sequence whereby the targeted website places cookie on your computer from which my affiliates are able to determine that you’ve purchased after clicking on my links.)
We don’t spend very much time reaching toward more complicated movements such as Half-Moon Pose or Warrior 3, instead, we move slowly through fewer poses. Today’s 4k Version should be up a little bit later this week as we are attempting to work with a new video editing software. You’ll see how this goes soon enough.
- Standing Splits | Adaptive Yoga | BlocksAdaptive Yoga is an important skill for everyone to know as they approach their yoga practice because it can influence how you provide support for your body. Often times, I feel so stubborn when I am practicing: I need to look good without props. But adding in some blocks to your practice can really changeContinue reading “Standing Splits | Adaptive Yoga | Blocks”
- Growing Gluteal Muscles | Intermediate Naked YogaIn the Yoga class focusing on the glutei this week, I move us through a series of asana intended to get at the thighs. We work the hamstrings and the gluteal muscles throughout this vinyasa. This is a little more challenging than our usual asana practice. If you have not taken a moment or doContinue reading “Growing Gluteal Muscles | Intermediate Naked Yoga”
- Yoga for Runners | Beginner YogaThe cold is upon us in Denver. With the cold outside, I’m finding it more critical to stay warm with varied yoga sequences. I had specific movements on my mind, and I wanted to make sure that we got to them while using adaptive yoga techniques. In this instance, we work a lot with YogaContinue reading “Yoga for Runners | Beginner Yoga”
- Biceps (and Legs) | Dumbbell Superset WorkoutTrainer’s Notes: Today’s workout focused instead on the arms (biceps) rather than the legs. We worked on our legs by focusing on bicep exercises that incorporated leg movements. Most importantly, ensure that you are choosing the proper weight for your body right now. In yoga, we have the principle of Non-Violence, Ahisma, which we doContinue reading “Biceps (and Legs) | Dumbbell Superset Workout”
- Downward Facing Dog | Adaptive Yoga | BlocksAdaptive Yoga is an important skill for everyone to know as they approach their yoga practice because it can influence how you provide support for your body. Often times, I feel so stubborn when I am practicing: I need to look good without props. But adding in some blocks to your practice can really changeContinue reading “Downward Facing Dog | Adaptive Yoga | Blocks”