Welcome to Broz Fitness, Welcome to Today’s Naked Yoga. As always, our goal is never just to create videos but to inform and motivate you. You can see more of our Livestream and the Latest Uploads at the Broz Fitness YouTube Channel. You can also check out our latest Gear Reviews.
This past Halloween weekend gave us a ton of personal yoga practice. It was nice to bring down the cameras for a little bit and knock out a ton more of Alan’s 300-Hour Yoga Teacher training. Alan has been working on his the remainder of his 500-Hour Yoga Teacher certification so that we can provide our followers the best Yoga Experience that we can.
Today, I write about inclusivity and about the latest class series that we’ve released: Naked Yoga Shorts. These shorts are super important short yoga sessions in order to show everyone that you can do Yoga in many ways from Yoga Blocks to Chair Yoga to Restorative Yoga.
Please talk to your doctor about whether you are healthy enough to begin physical activity before you do so. You assume all risk in beginning and performing various exercise movements.
Pace and Silence:
Sometimes keeping up with the pace of my Naked Yoga Bear Series classes has been a little difficult. Whenever I start to notice that I am getting a little sweaty, I should probably make sure that I recognize that my students are feeling the same way. I have been trying to find ways to include everyone in my classes, especially things like looking back to the YouTube chat. You can also always reach out to Broz Fitness on Social Media.
Follow Broz Fitness
Under the light of Pace and Silence, I’ll start to find a way to make more inclusive classes where I can figure out how to do so. I have some ideas that I am working on to teach a more silent class so that you can receive cuing without having to be able to hear me.
One of the more fun things we can do to make sure that our students get access to more accommodating classes is to be more inclusive with our adaptive yoga instruction. I’ve been trying to teach a ton more classes where I demonstrate how to use Yoga Blocks throughout our practices.
Should vs. Notice
I need to own the language of my classes a little more. By providing the agency to my students, I might be able to allow more people to feel that they can access my classes. I always try to acknowledge to the class that my poses are simply suggestions, however, I think in my most recent completion of lectures, I think I can do better to invite my students to “notice” the feeling that they’re having in their body.
Today’s Yoga Shorts Practice:
Help keep my Yoga Practice financially accessible for all and support LGBTQIA-friendly brands by making purchases (from which I will receive commission) for gear and equipment through my links.
- I’m wearing Andrew Christian briefs from www.andrewchristian.com.
- I’m part of the lululemon collective and will receive a commission if you make a purchase through the links below: https://lululemon.prf.hn/l/6na02q4.
- Pick up dumbbells and other weight training equipment: Shop SPRI’s Weight Resistance Training Equipment.
- Find my Naked Drake Yoga playlist and my Gay Rap playlist at Apple Music: Get 70 million songs free for 3 months with Apple Music.
(Really though! It’s the link that matters, as they move your computer through a sequence whereby the targeted website places cookie on your computer from which my affiliates are able to determine that you’ve purchased after clicking on my links
- Standing Splits | Adaptive Yoga | BlocksAdaptive Yoga is an important skill for everyone to know as they approach their yoga practice because it can influence how you provide support for your body. Often times, I feel so stubborn when I am practicing: I need to look good without props. But adding in some blocks to your practice can really changeContinue reading “Standing Splits | Adaptive Yoga | Blocks”
- Growing Gluteal Muscles | Intermediate Naked YogaIn the Yoga class focusing on the glutei this week, I move us through a series of asana intended to get at the thighs. We work the hamstrings and the gluteal muscles throughout this vinyasa. This is a little more challenging than our usual asana practice. If you have not taken a moment or doContinue reading “Growing Gluteal Muscles | Intermediate Naked Yoga”
- Yoga for Runners | Beginner YogaThe cold is upon us in Denver. With the cold outside, I’m finding it more critical to stay warm with varied yoga sequences. I had specific movements on my mind, and I wanted to make sure that we got to them while using adaptive yoga techniques. In this instance, we work a lot with YogaContinue reading “Yoga for Runners | Beginner Yoga”
- Biceps (and Legs) | Dumbbell Superset WorkoutTrainer’s Notes: Today’s workout focused instead on the arms (biceps) rather than the legs. We worked on our legs by focusing on bicep exercises that incorporated leg movements. Most importantly, ensure that you are choosing the proper weight for your body right now. In yoga, we have the principle of Non-Violence, Ahisma, which we doContinue reading “Biceps (and Legs) | Dumbbell Superset Workout”
- Downward Facing Dog | Adaptive Yoga | BlocksAdaptive Yoga is an important skill for everyone to know as they approach their yoga practice because it can influence how you provide support for your body. Often times, I feel so stubborn when I am practicing: I need to look good without props. But adding in some blocks to your practice can really changeContinue reading “Downward Facing Dog | Adaptive Yoga | Blocks”